Sunday, February 21, 2010

GO AWAY!



I mean no disrespect, but go somewhere. All I hear everyday is how bad the economy is...nobody is spending any money...everyone is losing jobs...everyone is going crazy, but they aren't going AWAY!

Quite frankly I am sick to death of all of the naysayers expounding on all the negativity around us. Guess what, we will all persevere and we will be ok. It won't be fun, pretty or necessarily the time of our lives, but we will be ok. With all of that being said...GO AWAY!

Get in your car and do a "staycation" at a lovely Inn or Resort in your town. If you have a little extra money, go to another state, and for those who are just really living large - leave the country! Just go somewhere. The most cathartic times of our lives can be when we leave our everyday existence and try something different and extraordinary.

All too often people will put off until tomorrow, what they can do today or because of the economy, they don't even want to plan for tomorrow. Guess what, if you don't live today, you aren't guaranteed a tomorrow. I'm not trying to be morbid or condescending, but I know from experience that you are only truly living life by being an active participant in life!

Along this same vain, I am starting my preliminary plotting for the wine vineyards I'll be visiting this Spring, Summer and Fall in Colorado. I'm getting out and going, so I hope to see some of you out there going too!

*photo provided by that Chick Té from her lovely trip to Paris, France.

No comments:

Post a Comment