Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Are Your Plans For New Year's Eve?


What Are Your Plans For New Year's Eve?


First, let me say that New Year's Eve is probably my least favorite holiday. It started at a young age for me, and I primarily can say my distaste for the holiday was derived from the singing, or should I say, the lyrics of "Auld Lang Syne." It's slow tempo and depressing lyrics never made me feel like leaping out of my seat and dancing the night away; nor did it give me any feeling that I'd be able to accomplish magnificent goals in the new year.

With that being said, I do enjoy New Year's Day! The parades, food, and you guessed it - FOOTBALL! A lot of my friends and colleagues are in a frenzy trying to decide what they are going to do on NYE? Where they are going? What they are going to wear? Who is going to be where they are going? How much are they willing to pay to be at X location? And it goes on, and on and on. While the end of the year is oftentimes viewed with a certain degree of mixed emotions; I (typically), am able to reflect on all of the positive steps I've made over the past year, while also looking ahead at all of the marvelous adventures I will have in store for the New Year.

There are still quite a few other holidays between now and the end of the year, so enjoy all of the holiday cheer and don't "sweat the small stuff." Whether you are in New York watching the ball drop in Times Square; sitting in your home watching television; partying the night away in Los Angeles or enjoying a private party with friends and family, make sure to enjoy the remainder of 2010, so you can carry that excitement into 2011!


Cheers!

(www.chicksthattrip.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment