Part 22 of Series: 101 Reasons To Use A Travel Agent
As a part of the travel professional community, we all seem to live by that old saying about "the best laid plans," because sometimes, even the best preparation can not dictate what the weather will be like in a certain destination; if there will be civil unrest; and any other oddity that can occur while traveling. The reality of the matter is that we really have very little control over most circumstances, so it's imperative to control those aspects of travel we have control over: reserving accommodations, booking an airline ticket vs. going standby and "hoping" everything will go as planned, packing reasonably and maintaining your own level of sanity throughout the process.
A vacation should be a relaxing, fun, and inspirational experience. When you work with a travel professional, they want you to have the best time as well, and will work hard to ensure that your trip is everything, if not more than what you expected!
- Someone to Complain to - If that slim chance were to occur that you do not get what you were promised, you have a real person to go back and complain to. Travel agents will work hard to rectify the matter. They will work as hard as they can to make sure you are happy so that this doesn’t happen and so you will use their service next time.
- They Are Considered Travel Experts and Specialists - Wouldn’t you rather have a travel expert plan your trip rather than a pre-programmed website?
- Best Pre-Seat Assignments Possible -Travel agents can talk directly with the airline to arrange for you to get the seats with the most leg room that might not otherwise be released until the day of the flight. (*Although, if you book your own reservations, oftentimes travel agents are unable to handle any changes since the airlines have become much more strict in their handling of changes, and we all know about the fees - just an fyi from That Chick Té).
- Mapping Routes Out Ahead of Time - Not really good at reading maps? A good travel expert can help you map out any basic directions you might need on your trip ahead of time.
- Family with 3 Small Children and Only Want 1 Room? - A travel expert might be able to find a way to help a family with small children get around the hotel policies of only 4 to a room.