Part 24 of Series: 101 Reasons To Use A Travel Agent
I must confess - I love to travel. Yes, it makes sense; especially since I own a travel agency, but it's much more than that. I was talking to a gentleman about the airlines, TSA agents, and I could hear the vile in his voice as he described the indecency of essentially being stripped down by complete strangers in the middle of an airport - yea, that sucks, I can't pretty that up...not by a stretch. During my conversation with him, I tried to express that while the airline portion of travel leaves much to be desired, there is so much more to a vacation than the airport. It's inconvenient, and you feel like you have to spend the night there, but I personally feel the ends justify the means. His responses during the conversation were geared towards shying away from air travel and now traveling more by car or train. I told him there is nothing wrong with that form of travel either; it's still traveling, but he would have a tough time taking a train to Europe, Australia...you get the picture. He conceded, but continued to rally on about the injustices of flying and how awful it has become.
If I were a magician I would do everything in my power to change the air travel, but I'm not, and I don't see any changes anytime soon. Maybe one day air travel will become friendly again (I doubt it, but I can hope); until that time, it is better to anxiously anticipate arrival to that wonderful destination; versus the way in which we make our way there - wherever, "there" may be.
- Back-up Distributor of Documents - You can give your travel agent a copy of all your travel documents so if anything were to get lost you have someone to call that can send copies.
- Because We Said So - Our business is to help you find a qualified travel specialist.
- What to Expect on the Flight -Your travel expert can give you good answers on what to expect long flights to be like, and maybe some interesting activities to do while flying.
- It is Their Job - Travel agents actually work to get different accreditation's to increase their qualifications as a travel expert.
- Lost Baggage - If the airline should lose your baggage, your travel agent can get on the phone and make sure the airline works as quickly as they can to solve the problem allowing you to at least go relax at the hotel.