Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Entertainment Spotlight: Magnificent Maxwell

Photo taken  at concert in Phoenix, AZ - 2009
Soulful. Seductive. Sensuous. I think you get the picture! The one, and only Maxwell will be BACK on TOUR starting this summer. I had the opportunity to see Maxwell in Phoenix, Arizona, back in 2009, and to say it was electrifying, soul defining, and earth shaking wouldn't be descriptive enough.

Maxwell knows how to keep a crowd wanting more, while also s-a-t-i-s-f-y-i-n-g his audience. I can't imagine any other artist who has been as highly anticipated to return back to the "scene" than Maxwell. When news (rapidly) spread about the trilogy of albums he would be releasing from 2009-2012; his fans were elated. His tour dates were scattered across the United States, with a respectable representation in the North, South, East and West.

Then, his tours stopped...much speculation ensued, but nothing definitive was ever truly known. I won't get into most of the rumors, but I will say that a few "in the know" sites, indicated through their sources that the success of his first album had delayed the release of the remaining albums that were supposed to follow Black Summers' Night. Maxwell's reputation for being shy and introverted were also cited as reasons behind the abrupt cancellation of his tour.

I have always been a HUGE fan of Maxwell's, so when I received an email from one of my friends indicating that Maxwell would be doing tours in Atlanta, Newark and Los Angeles, I was elated! Maxwell has a certain quality and style to his singing that is both intoxicating and mesmerizing. He has been compared to numerous artists before his time; however, I will say that Maxwell is simply - Maxwell. I look forward to spotting him at one of his concerts, but until that time, I'll be playing all of his CD's in order to be primed to see him in person.

Check out his tour calendar and dates: http://www.songkick.com/artists/4299-maxwell/calendar.

*Photo taken by That Chick Té

www.chicksthattrip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment