The photo is of a communal Christmas tree that was right off of the beach in the Condado area of San Juan, Puerto Rico. I went for a two hour walk the day after arrival, and passed by the tree. I had to take a photo of the Pepsi Christmas Tree! Yes, the decorations are essentially Pepsi ornaments, so my assumption is that the tree was displayed and sponsored by Pepsi, but then again, you know what they say about assuming anything.
The overall property is fairly well maintained and clean, but it seemed to lack any real personality. I think the liveliest place on the property was the casino area, located on the 4th floor; however, it would have been a disappointment if it hadn't been lively because, well, it is a casino! I will say that the food I had was decent. My business partner and I had two meals while we were staying there. One was at Eight Noodle Bar, where we shared some spicy tuna rolls and chicken chow mein, and at the Aqua Bar & Grill, I had a nice chicken sandwich (with fries, but of course), and my business partner had a chicken quesadilla and wings. While not culinary cuisine, all of the food was well prepared and the appropriate temperature when served (I have a problem when food is lukewarm when it's supposed to be hot).
- Well appointed rooms
- Centrally and conveniently located in the Condado area of San Juan
- Close to Old San Juan
- Rental car agency on site (Enterprise)
- In walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and activities
- Seemed to lack personality
- Staff did their job, but didn't really go above and beyond to provide that WOW factor that I look for in properties
- Pools and beach on property were just, ok
- Cleaning staff was hit or miss - the first couple of days the room was cleaned very well and all towels and toiletries were well stocked, but the last three days, the room wasn't cleaned as thoroughly, nor were towels and toiletries restocked
- Also, when I attempted on several occasions to call the wake-up call number, nobody answered???? Fortunately, I used the alarm in the room, as well as on my phone, because I was there on business and had daily appointments
Finally, just a little bit of the sigh...factor:
It really couldn't get any better than this! I MISS YOU PUERTO RICO! I'll be back soon!
*Photos taken by That Chick Té