In keeping with the series of 101 Reasons to Use a Travel Agent (Source: American Society of Travel Agents - ASTA). I think that the above-mentioned article brings a lot of attention to the fact that you can't believe everything you read or hear; however, when you are working with a professional Travel Agent, there is an assumption that they have a more in-depth and personal experience with a lot of the recommendations that they make. It's important to ask questions and do as much research as possible, but even more importantly, there are a host of Travel Professionals who specialize in specific destinations; therefore, they can provide information that may not be read on internet sites, but can assist you in making your final decision.
- Less Stress Planning - A trip can be stressful. There are so many options and details to worry about. Travel agents do the work, so that means less stress for you.
- Updated Information- Travel agents are in constant communication with the travel community, so they can give you the most up to date info on airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel visas, and other travel services to consider etc… as you plan your trip.
- Customer Service -Travel agents offer that “personal touch” to your travel planning experience, offering help and advice that a website cannot provide.
- Travel Documentation - Travel agents can help you to prepare and organize any necessary documents that you may need in order to travel outside of the country. They can direct you to your local passport office, and they know where you need a visa, as well as and any other documentation that you might need along the way.
- Travel Experts Expertise - Many travel agents are considered experts in the area you are traveling to and have probably already been to where you are going.
A vacation is a wonderful experience, and you want to make the best, informed selection possible. Happy trails!