Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Restaurant Spotlight: Corridor 44 - Denver, CO

Restaurant Spotlight: Corridor 44 - Denver, CO

A few weeks ago I had one of my close friends visiting me from Arizona. Yes, she luxuriated in the sheer coolness that is Colorado, over the torrid heat of Arizona - even in October!
During her short visit we were able to enjoy a nice, hip, restaurant spot in Downtown Denver called Corridor 44; which is known for its Champagne, as they have a plethora of selections (over 100+); it is not only a Champagne bar, but also a delectable restaurant.
In my friends generous nature, she treated me to a lovely dinner there, and we dined on creamed spinach and pancetta; pan roasted organic chicken breast w/mashed potatoes, mushrooms and white truffle oil, and filet mignon w/mashed potatoes, asparagus and a (rich) veal demi-glaze.
We started our evening with a flight of three (3) Rosé Champagnes. They were a divine selection of Rosé from light to fuller body. I failed to secure the card that spoke of their vintage, but they were delicious and since my traveling to Paris, I've grown a profound fondness and familiarity to Rosé's.
I enjoyed the crispy bits of the fried pancetta along with the smooth, and not overly creamy spinach. My friend dined on her pan roasted organic chicken breast w/mashed potatoes and she enjoyed every bit of it. I had a medium well filet mignon that was perfectly executed, with asparagus that still retained a bit of their crunch without being over cooked and mushy; however, we both commented on the richness of the mushroom and truffle oil that was a part of her chicken dish, and the veal-demi glaze that was the base of my filet mignon and mashed potatoes. It was not unpalatable, but both sauces were a little rich for our tastes. I would have been fine with a simple red wine reduction sauce for my filet.
All in all, we were able to sit back, relax, and enjoy an unhurried time together in order to catch up on old times and sip on some scintillating libations.
Pour la santé.


Petite Parlour area off of the bar and main dining area

Main booth seating area across from the bar

Our delicious Rosé flights served in this whimsical set-up


Organic pan roasted chicken over mashed potatoes


Creamed spinach w/crispy pancetta

Filet mignon w/asparagus and mashed potatoes w/veal demi-glaze

After dinner cocktail - mmmmmm


Small corridor just past the main lobby and sitting area


Incredible sitting room where you can have private events & gatherings


The sitting room has multiple seating areas that are both intimate and functional

*photos taken by That Chick Té

(www.chicksthattrip.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment