Sunday, April 18, 2010

Iceland Volcano...


The Iceland Volcano eruption is...to put it bluntly, not only a natural disaster, but a collossal detriment to the travel industry as a whole. With that being said, there is nothing that anyone could have ever done to know this would transpire; and while it is an awful event, it gives pause to the fact that clearly, as much as we WANT to be in control - we are not. This has proven that no matter how great technology is, there are some things that just can not be predicted or known until they actually happen. I'm not saying that our scientific world is bad, or that they don't know what they are doing, but the reality is that none of us know what can happen at any minute/hour/day/week/month, etc. We are all at the mercy of something greater than ourselves; regardless if we believe in religion or other forces of the universe, we are never in control - contrary to what we may think or feel.

As a side note, I think the whole Eastern European front is getting battered as a whole - the flight crash in Poland, the bombings in Moscow, and lest not forget the horrible adoption fiascos that have transpired over the past month - these are all isolated incidents that all seemed to happen within a short span of time, in relatively the same region. It makes me go, "hmmmm."

I wish I had some witty reparté about these situations, but I don't. They are sad realities of life, but with all of that being said - I will still continue to travel. I did after 9-11, and I continue to do so today, even though our air transit leaves much to be desired.

(www.chicksthattrip.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment