Wednesday, August 15, 2012

French Wine Bar - Ô Chateau


It is with much delight and happiness that I recently found out that a relatively new wine bar has opened up in France called, Ô Chateau. I had the opportunity to be hosted at Olivier's flat (one of the owners of Ô Chateau), for wine classes he held. He did the regions of France's wine country a great service, as I tasted wines that I never would have had the opportunity to taste before, and the Champagne he selected for our tastings were out of this world.

What I appreciated most about Olivier, was his supreme knowledge of the varied wine regions in France, but more importantly, he enjoyed what he was doing. While he took the presentation of the wine seriously, he did not take himself too seriously. His quick wit, and off the cuff comments made me laugh out loud, and provided me one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had in Paris.So yes, the wine was the main focal point, but Olivier was definitely the man of the hour!

I haven't had the opportunity to visit Ô Chateau since it's opening, but now that I know about it, I will be making a beeline just as soon as I can plan my next adventure to Paris.

Cheers to you Olivier and wishing you much success!

By the way, I searched high and low for the photo I took of Olivier, but alas, I could not locate it in my vast array of photos. Should I find that photo, I'll definitely post it!

*Photo taken by That Chick Té


No comments:

Post a Comment