Thursday, November 29, 2012

GOT MY OWN ROW!

What I am about to post is a veritable anomaly in this day and age, but it DID happen to me on my recent connecting flight from Miami - I GOT MY OWN ROW! I will be updating more about my fantastic trip to Puerto Rico, but I just HAD to jump on here and write that, because I was flabbergasted.

I had a window seat, so I know that (typically) just because no one is in the row when I get there; they will be coming. I tucked myself away into my corner and began reading. As I read, I looked up from time to time at the front of the plane. There was a fairly steady stream of passengers that were still milling about and trickling in, so I just continued reading because I knew my luck wouldn't be THAT good; I expected and waited for at least another passenger to join me in my row.

Well, lo and behold, the flight attendants began their spiel and the cabin doors were locked, and guess what? I was in flying heaven! Now, it's not as good as First or Business class, but it is something wonderful. I can say that I haven't had a whole row to myself in well over ten years of traveling. Prior to 9/11, I would fly home from college or fly across the country on  a red-eye flight, and I can say that 50% of the time I could have a row to myself, or just shared with one other person; however, in this day and age, that is a rarity, even on a red-eye flight!

So, stay tuned for my post about my fabulous trip to San Juan and Rincon, Puerto Rico!

www.chicksthattrip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment