Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Longtime Restaurant - Strings in Denver, CO


Saying Goodbye to Longtime Restaurant -
Strings in Denver, CO

I attended a lunch in mid-April, right before the closing of a longtime favorite, Strings, closed on April 30, 2013.

This restaurant had been around for years. It was the place to go on special occasions, and was a favorite for those who lived in that community located by city park, and for those of us who lived a bit farther away.

The first time I ever went to Strings, I was in high school. One of my classmates parents' took us there for dinner. My friend and I felt so mature and grown up, because it was definitely a restaurant for adults. The the vibe was always laid back, and the decor and atmosphere were professional and well-maintained. They served delicious salads, steaks and fish dishes that were immaculately prepared, but never fussy.

As life progressed and I moved away from Colorado; I would still frequent this restaurant when I would come home during summer and winter breaks. Despite the saying, "you can never go back," that wasn't the case with Strings; regardless of the change of time and age, it was always a place that I could go to and enjoy myself and reminisce on "the good old days."

When I moved back to Colorado a few years ago, I attended an event that was hosted by the Aruba Tourism Board, at Strings. I hadn't been there in several years, but the moment I stepped through the door it was as if I was that young girl in high school again.

Steak salad @ Strings Restaurant

My last visit was a luncheon being held by a family member, Lucy Walker, of Eden Theatrical Workshop. Lucy has been a part of the community even longer than Strings; however, given its close proximity (walking distance) from Eden Theatrical Workshop, Lucy had been a long time guest of Strings, so it was apropos that Lucy would so graciously hold a final luncheon there, to say goodbye to a favorite neighborhood restaurant.



*photos taken by That Chick Té

www.chicksthattrip.com


No comments:

Post a Comment