Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year - What's In Store?


A New Year - What's In Store?

WOW! I will say it again - WOW! I can't believe it's a new year already. It seems just like yesterday that I started this blog and now a full year (and then some) has passed! Guess what? I'm still excited, elated, titillated, exuberant...ok, I think you get the picture.

It is a new year and everyone is talking about their "resolutions." I am not a "resolution" type of person, per se, but that doesn't mean I don't have goals. In my prior life, I thought goals were simply another avenue for companies to make their employees completely annoyed and irritated; however, having my own business now, I realize that goals actually help to get things done. If there are no goals, ie, directions, then nothing would ever get done. While I believe there are a lot of extremes in the goal setting department, I realize it is crucial for everyone to set some goals to achieve throughout the year.

When I was preparing for college, I remember my guidance counselor suggesting that I apply to an "easy" college; a couple of colleges that I really wanted to go to; and a "stretch" college, that I probably had no chance of being accepted. Her theory was simple, you will be going to college, and to her point, I did go to college (and to a good one, might I add). Setting goals is the same concept. You should set goals that are achievable, and also set some goals that may seemingly be out of your reach, but that you would like to accomplish. It doesn't have to be 50 goals you set in a year; however, ensure that the goals you do set are leading you down the path for future success.

Since starting my own business, I realize just how critical goal setting truly is, and not only for my business, but for my own personal goals. I recently completed my vision board, and I can attest to its power. Many opportunities are beginning to open up for me, and all of the goals I have been working on over the past two years are coming into shape.

I believe the economy (while slowly) is starting to rebound, and many people are beginning to see a bit of hope in the future. Fortunately, this helps a lot of the business and personal goals I've set for myself. I won't bore you all by divulging every goal I've set for this year, but a couple of them are great and will affect some of the followers (and hopefully new followers) of this blog. One of the goals is to increase viewership of this awesome blog, so there will be several drawings for travel and entertainment related gifts. I will also add information regarding a couple of the trips that, Chicks That Trip, will be hosting throughout the year. One of the great trips we have planned for this year is to host a small group to London (the light bulb comes on, and you all say, "ahh, hahh, now we understand the above picture of Harrods in London".) It won't be anytime during the pomp and circumstance surrounding the royal wedding, but it will be in the late Fall when a lot of the tourist have completed their travel, and Londoners start preparing for the holidays.

Stay tuned and check back often to see information on the first drawing to take place in this first quarter!

*photo taken from: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1091/1362000284_4910aa9752.jpg

(www.chicksthattrip.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment