Monday, February 11, 2013

Memories are Priceless

Memories are Priceless

There are some people who can go through life; not really living, but, well, just going through the motions. I will agree that life can be hard, but I am a firm believer that LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT - that's why I travel!

Whenever I have my "pity party of one" moments, I pull out photos. Yes, actual pictures that were taken with my old school camera, and throw away cameras I've purchased throughout my years of travel. I pull out varying photos from trips to: St. Lucia, Europe, Jamaica, Canada, Mexico...just to name a few, and I flip through the photos and relive those moments. 

Much like music, for me, when I flip through these photos, I am transported back to that time. If I was at the beach, I can almost smell the ocean. If it is a photo of me on the Golden Gate Bridge during a day where the sky was clear enough I could see miles and miles away, I can remember almost everything I saw that day. Perhaps my memory over enhances my experiences, but it's in a good way.

All of these memories are priceless to me. I know a lot of people do not "get" spending, what they deem is a lot of money, with no real value, but I disagree wholeheartedly. Sure, traveling is not a car, clothing, home, or other tangible items, but it is buying memories and experiences. Going to faraway lands to mingle with other people and living by their customs. Like the photo above, it's driving down a sleepy road in Puerto Rico, and seeing a beautiful horse just chilling on the side of the road. Nothing can compare to these moments, and to me, they will always be priceless.

*Photo taken by That Chick Té
www.chicksthattrip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment