Friday, July 13, 2012

Pizza Brings Happiness - Story on a Random Act of Kindness!

Whenever I hear or read stories like this, they really touch my heart. Seriously. While I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve, I do enjoy a "feel good story," and I also try to be the "pay it forward" type of person too, so this story was too compelling for me not to mention. Also, since it has to do with food...well, it goes without saying, I was ALL over it!

I will provide the link to the original story: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/family-makes-good-dying-family-member-last-wish-183919770.html. A young man, Aaron Collins, recently passed away, and his last wish was to have his family go out for a pizza dinner, and leave the waiter or waitress a $500 tip.

The family has a website up where they are taking donations, and they plan on continuing this theme for as long as they continue to receive donations. They said that every time they accrue $500 on the site, they will go and brighten another waiter or waitresses day. Big high fives to them! So, this is my feel good Friday post! Hopefully you all will go out and do something to make yourself and someone else feel good too!  Bon Appétit!

*photo provided by freedigitalphotos.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment